The Top 5 Questions you need to ask yourself as a responsible business owner.
We all love a top 5… so here are the top 5 questions we think you should be asking yourself as a responsible business owner.
1. How can I make our workplace pension better for my employees? (without any extra costs)
Remember, auto-enrolment legislation means it is compulsory for all businesses to provide a workplace pension for their employees (you can be fined if you don’t).
2. What can I do to attract and keep the most talented employees?
3. Who are the key individuals in my business? (which of your employees, if they were called for a full 12 months jury duty, would affect your profits?)
4. What things, where I have control, can help create a strong, positive culture in my business?
5. Is there anything employees value more than money?
Believe it or not, some of the most successful firms I deal with have asked one or more of these questions and have dramatically improved their standing as a result. Thinking differently about your business and your employees is very likely to be beneficial to you and to your employees. Just like the ‘Sharpening the Saw’ analogy suggest, taking a little time out to improve key components can increase production and reduce costs in the long run.
Senior Consultant (Corporate Solutions)
0131 260 2767